Members and partners
RFC North Sea - Med is an EEIG (European Economic Interest Grouping) composed of:
- Four members: ProRail, Infrabel, SNCF Réseau and Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL)
- Three partners: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB), Trassenvergabestelle Schweiz (TVS) and Administration des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (ACF)
To ensure efficiency and commitment, representatives of each member and partner meet regularly in a Management Board, called the Assembly. They take decisions on the strategy of the corridor, its objectives and its actions.
The day to day business is carried out by a permanent team, based in Brussels. It consists of three people under the supervision of the Managing director.
- the Managing director ensures the performance of the tasks entrusted to the EEIG
- the One-stop shop manager is in charge of the allocation of pre-arranged paths and contributes to the coordination of works
- the Operations and investment manager is in charge of all matters related to traffic management and all matters related to performance along the corridor
- the Communication and finance manager is responsible for the promotion of the corridor, the relationship with the advisory groups and all financial aspects of the EEIG
This streamlined structure allows the EEIG to react with promptness, flexibility and efficiency.
The governance of the rail freight corridors includes an Executive Board, a Management Board and two Advisory Groups. The coordination between these entities is shown in the chart below:
Also, several working groups and committees are steered by the Permanent team: